‘CONSTANTIN ROMANESCU’ ZOOLOGICAL MUSEUM
The museum was founded in an old school building by the teacher Constantin Romanescu. One of the rooms is dedicated to zoology, with stuffed animals being exposed. The dimensions of animals vary: from a huge lynx and bear, to a fox, a rabbit or small birds. Constantin Romanescu started to work on his animal collection in 1927. He was also headmaster of the school in Dreptu village for 36 years.
Recently, to complete the zoological museum, another room was arranged, focusing on the Romanian heritage. The math teacher Dumitrina Iehan made sure the old desks of the schools would be reintegrated in the classroom. Besides the scholar setup, she gathered traditional clothes, photographs from family archives and the village’s archive, letters and household tools.